Just because I'm "rich"...


I've had a few experiences where I heard the "Mayaman ka nman" [You're rich anyway] phrase… used in a very wrong way.



One time, me and my cousin were on a jeepney ride to school, and since it was Christmas time… some street kids would hitch a ride on idle jeepneys at the Stoplight, Caroling for some spare change. The group of kids that hitched on our jeepney were being rough with us but the driver managed to shoo them away. But then this guy in front of us said to us: "Tani gin hatagan nyu nalng, manggad man kamo" [You should have given them spare change, you're rich.] (he assumed immediately because of the clothes my cousin was wearing) and honestly, I would have kicked his jaw for that. 

Another was when I was with my mother at NAIA. A teenager approached us offering some items to be bought wherein the proceeds would go to "charity". When mum refused his offer he still insisted, and said "Cge na ma'am, mayaman naman kayo." I glared at him as he walked away. Giving is not something exclusive to those who have MORE change to spare. And I don't understand these idiots who keep assuming your status in life by what you wear, I mean… COME ON.

Another would be people who would rather not give you anything for a special occasion JUST BECAUSE you can afford to buy it yourself. SERIOUSLY?? No matter how cheap or extravagant that item is, I still appreciate all things given to me. It also shows that that person cares for you. I mean, it's the goddamn thought that counts.


5 comments:

  1. ngayon ko lang nakita to d2 haha, lels
    lemme spam xD

    m'still waiting sa HS thing tho :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol kahapon ko lang nman na Publish anyway
      hahaha natapos ko naaaaa, finally ;w;

      Delete
    2. wooo time for shum reading hahaha
      before ima go xD ma amaze ulet ako sa English neto fo sure :>

      Delete
    3. hahahah naku naku puro cuss words lang yun xD

      Delete